Clinical risk management
The process of identifying, assessing and reducing risks to patients.
This course, looks at the Department of Health report, ‘An Organisation with a Memory’, and will teach you awareness of potential areas of concern, and give you the knowledge to make any necessary improvements to services. Designed by industry professionals, this specialised interactive e-learning will provide health and social care staff with the knowledge to ensure continued high standards of clinical safety and patient care. You will gain an overview of the main regulatory requirements that apply to employees within the health sector, as well as the responsibilities for staff under the current legislation.
What will I learn?
By the end of this Clinical Risk Management and Governance e-learning, you will be able to:
- Describe what is meant by clinical risk management
- Outline the relevant important history
- Identify, manage and minimise risks
- Explain and identify ‘never events’
- Identify factors leading to adverse events
- Identify positive action to improve services
- Outline the principles of ‘An Organisation with a Memory’
- Outline the incident reporting process
Who should take this course?
This Clinical Risk Management and Governance online e-learning is designed for those who implement or uphold safety standards, risk management and risk improvement within the health and social care sectors. At the end of the course, you will receive a certificate to demonstrate your commitment to ongoing professional learning.