Learn how to deal with self-employed claims accurately and with confidence.
This course covers all the regulations and case law relating to Housing Benefit self-employed claims, including how to use accounting records to establish income and capital and work out national tax and national insurance. This course was written by our experts who have over 25 years experience in local authority legislation.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Correctly decide upon the assessment period to be used for a Housing Benefit self-employed claim in accordance with Housing Benefit legislation.
- Identify allowable and disallowable expenses.
- Work out pre-tax profit for self-employed claims.
- Calculate notional income tax, notional class two and national class four National Insurance contributions for self-employed claims.
- Calculate the weekly net income of a self-employed childminder for Housing Benefit purposes
- Describe the process for establishing the weekly net income of a share fisherman for Housing Benefit purposes
Who should take this course?
There are no formal pre-requisites for this Assessing Housing Benefit for Self-Employed Claims course, but some experience of Housing Benefit would help you make the most out of the content.