This Recovering Overpayments of Housing Benefit training looks in detail at the end to end debt recovery process. You will learn how to apply key legislation, best practice and case law to recover Housing Benefit debt effectively while maximising subsidy. Created by our experts in local authority legislation, course content covers a range of essential topics, from deciding which overpayments are recoverable, all the way through to taking enforcement action in the County Court.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify and calculate an overpayment.
- Classify HB overpayments.
- Decide whether an overpayment is recoverable or not.
- Decide from whom to recover the overpayment.
- Learn and apply case law when making decisions.
- Understand the impact of Housing Benefit overpayments on subsidy.
- Apply the most appropriate method of recovery.
- Understand how to enforce debt recovery in the county court.