Clinical risk management is the process of identifying, assessing and reducing risks to patients.
This online course looks largely at the Department of Health report, ‘An Organisation with a Memory’. Designed by industry professionals, this specialised online course will provide health and social care staff with the knowledge to ensure continued high standards of clinical safety and patient care. You’ll gain an overview of the main regulatory requirements that apply to employees within the health sector, and the responsibilities for staff under the current legislation.
At the end of your course you’ll receive a certificate to demonstrate your commitment to professional learning.
By taking this Clinical Risk Management and Governance online course, you will be able to:
- Describe what is meant by clinical risk management
- Outline the relevant important history
- Identify, manage and minimise risks
- Explain and identify ‘never events’
- Identify factors leading to adverse events
- Identify positive action to improve services
- Outline the principles of ‘An Organisation with a Memory’
- Outline the incident reporting process